Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pleasant Reviews


One of the aspects of my blog that I'm really looking forward to is writing pleasant reviews. Almost more than anything else. Now, I'm sure someone is asking, " What makes this guy qualified to give a review?" and "Pleasant review?". And they are legit questions. So legit that the answers deserve their own post.

Most people who do reviews are cut throat honest, have some sort of professional background in the field, and are usually an individual with name recognition - one that the reader trusts. All very great qualities in a good critic. To most there might be a lot at stake on a review, for both the reader and creator. The critic is a lot like a financial advisor to the reader. The " Buy this book" or "Stay away from this book" can help steer the investor to a good investment while avoiding a bust. To the creator those terms mean the same thing but the effect of the words can either be a gust of wind towards that tropical island or a gust blowing you back out into the cold dark ocean.

So, I want to be crystal clear. I am not a critic and don't want to be. I do not have the qualifications or the intent to be critical of anyone. That's just how I roll.

What I do want to do however is share my opinions and recommend something if I like it. If I don't like a particular book, movie or cartoon, I wont mention it. I still think the reader will be able to decide by my review if he/she would be interested in the item I'm reviewing, all without the negative. I think the world needs more people who search for the good instead of the bad so it makes sense to me to be that change that I'm seeking in my own world.

 But on top of all that,  beyond all those words I've just thrown together, here is the objective truth that we all must try and remember; all opinions are subjective. Simple as that folks! So can there really be a science to writing a perfect review? Nahhh.

I am a pleasant guy and that makes me qualified to write a pleasant review on anything that I love. Please don't worry, my friends...This wont be an ass kissing fest.

So now when you see it you'll know what it means.


Good Vibrations, my friends.

If you're interested to see how I feel about something, suggest it!



AND SMILE!

Kyle's Pleasant Review : A review that searches for good things and completely ignores the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment